TOP 100 ALL-TIME WEDDING & PARTY DANCE SONGS
Create the Fun with the Ultimate Playlist: Top 100 Requested Dance Songs of All Time for Your Wedding Reception or special event.
The list of top 100 requested dance songs is a mixture of old classics and new hits, catering to all tastes and generations. From the upbeat sounds of “Uptown Funk” to the classic “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson, there's something for everyone. These songs have proven to be popular over the years and continue to be the most requested at wedding receptions.
In addition to the classics, you'll also want to include some of the hottest dance tracks of the moment. Songs like “Levitating” by Dua Lipa and “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd are guaranteed to get your guests on their feet and dancing the night away. These tracks have been taking the charts by storm and are sure to be crowd-pleasers.
Discover the ultimate list of Top 100 requested popular wedding reception dance songs that have stood the test of time. Gigbuilder, the world's most popular event management system for DJs, has compiled this dynamic list based on song requests from over a hundred thousand events including Wedding Receptions and Birthday parties.
Tips for Wedding Reception Dance Music
- Create a playlist that appeals to all ages: When creating a playlist for your wedding reception dance, it's important to remember that you'll have guests of all ages attending your event. So, try to include a mix of oldies, current hits, and maybe even a few throwbacks to appeal to everyone. Ask your DJ if they use Gigbuilder, a fantastic online planning tool offered free with their services.
- Plan for different moods: Your wedding reception dance will have different moods throughout the night, from upbeat and energetic to slow and romantic. Make sure your playlist reflects this by including a mix of fast and slow songs.
- Consider your venue: The venue you choose for your wedding reception can greatly affect the type of music you choose. For example, if you're having an outdoor reception, you'll want to choose music that is appropriate for the setting, such as upbeat, fun, and lively.
- Get your guests involved: Encourage your guests to request songs or even create a playlist with them. Not only will this get them more involved in the reception, but it will also ensure that the music played will be enjoyed by everyone.
- Hire a professional DJ: Do not attempt this yourself. Search our website which contains listings from over 30,000 professional DJs Nationwide
- Don't be afraid to be creative: Your wedding reception is the perfect opportunity to let your creativity shine. Consider incorporating unconventional music genres or instruments to make your reception truly unique.
- Create a "Do Not Play" list: Along with creating a playlist, consider creating a "Do Not Play" list of songs or genres that you do not want to be played at your reception.
- Remember the importance of the first dance: The first dance between the newlyweds is a special moment that should be memorable. Make sure to choose a song that is meaningful to the couple and that sets the tone for the rest of the reception.
Overall, the key to a successful wedding reception dance is to have a diverse playlist that appeals to all ages, music tastes, and to make sure that your guests are having a great time on the dance floor. With a little planning and creativity, you can create a memorable wedding reception that everyone will enjoy.
We believe this is the most accurate songlist of popular party and wedding reception dance songs as its updated in real-time, so please visit often and tell your friends.
Click or Touch a song from the list below to get more information and even watch a music video!
|Rank||Song Title||Song Artist||Released||Genre|
|2||Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)||Neil Diamond||1969||Oldies|
|3||Uptown Funk!||Mark Ronson||2014||Popular|
|4||I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)||Whitney Houston||1987||R&B|
|6||I Gotta Feeling||Black Eyed Peas||2009||Popular|
|8||Shut Up And Dance||Walk The Moon||2014||Popular|
|10||Brown Eyed Girl||Van Morrison||1967||Oldies|
|11||Friends In Low Places||Garth Brooks||1990||Country|
|12||You Shook Me All Night Long||AC/DC||1980||Rock|
|13||All Of Me||John Legend||2013||Ballad|
|14||Love Shack||The B-52s||1989||Popular|
|15||Party Rock Anthem||LMFAO||2010||Popular|
|16||Marry You||Bruno Mars||2011||Popular|
|17||Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)||Beyonce||2008||Popular|
|18||Pour Some Sugar On Me||Def Leppard||1987||Rock|
|19||Shake It Off||Taylor Swift||2014||Popular|
|20||Baby Got Back||Sir Mix-A-Lot||1992||Popular|
|22||Thinking Out Loud||Ed Sheeran||2014||Ballad|
|23||Electric Slide||Marcia Griffiths||1990||Popular|
|24||Livin' On A Prayer||Bon Jovi||1986||Rock|
|25||The Way You Look Tonight||Frank Sinatra||1964||Ballad|
|26||Blurred Lines||Robin Thicke Featuring T.I. & Pharrell||2013||Popular|
|27||Turn Down For What||DJ Snake & Lil Jon||2013||Popular|
|28||Low||Flo Rida Featuring T-Pain||2007||Popular|
|29||Hey Ya||The Outcasts||2003||Popular|
|30||Wonderful Tonight||Eric Clapton||1977||Ballad|
|31||Billie Jean||Michael Jackson||1982||Popular|
|33||Twist And Shout||Beatles||1963||Oldies|
|36||We Are Family||Sister Sledge||1979||Popular|
|38||Cotton Eye Joe||Rednex||1994||Country|
|39||At Last||Etta James||1961||Oldies|
|41||Celebration||Kool & The Gang||1980||Disco|
|43||Sweet Home Alabama||Lynyrd Skynyrd||1974||Classic Rock|
|45||Old Time Rock & Roll||Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band||1978||Rock|
|46||Just Dance||Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O'Donis||2008||Popular|
|47||Get Low||Lil' Jon & East Side Boyz||2003||Popular|
|48||Wagon Wheel||Darius Rucker||2013||Country|
|49||Party In The U.S.A.||Miley Cyrus||2009||Popular|
|51||What A Wonderful World||Louis Armstrong||1967||Ballad|
|52||Can't Stop The Feeling!||Justin Timberlake||2016||Popular|
|54||Can't Help Falling In Love||Elvis Presley With The Jordanaires||1961||Rock|
|55||Cruise||Florida Georgia Line||2012||Country|
|56||Ice Ice Baby||Vanilla Ice||1990||Popular|
|57||Macarena||Los Del Rio||1995||Popular|
|58||This Is How We Do It||Montell Jordan||1995||Popular|
|60||A Thousand Years||Christina Perri||2011||Ballad|
|61||Play That Funky Music||Wild Cherry||1976||Funk|
|62||Everybody (Backstreet's Back)||Backstreet Boys||1998||Popular|
|63||September||Earth, Wind & Fire||1978||R&B|
|64||Build Me Up Buttercup||Foundations||1968||Oldies|
|65||Jump Around||House Of Pain||1992||Popular|
|66||Girls Just Want To Have Fun||Cyndi Lauper||1984||Popular|
|67||I Don't Want To Miss A Thing||Aerosmith||1998||Ballad|
|68||Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough||Michael Jackson||1979||Popular|
|69||God Gave Me You||Blake Shelton||2011||Country|
|70||Moves Like Jagger||Maroon 5||2011||Popular|
|71||We Found Love||Rihanna Featuring Calvin Harris||2011||Popular|
|72||24K Magic||Bruno Mars||2016||Popular|
|73||Hot In Herre||Nelly||2002||Popular|
|74||Jessie's Girl||Rick Springfield||1981||Popular|
|75||Get Lucky||Daft Punk||2013||Popular|
|76||(I've Had) The Time Of My Life||Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes||1987||Popular|
|77||Teach Me How To Dougie||Cali Swag District||2010||Rap|
|79||Crazy In Love||Beyonce Featuring Jay-Z||2003||Popular|
|80||Sexy And I Know It||LMFAO||2011||Popular|
|81||Die A Happy Man||Thomas Rhett||2015||Country|
|82||Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)||Big & Rich||2004||Country|
|84||Ain't No Mountain High Enough||Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell||1967||Oldies|
|85||I'm Yours||Jason Mraz||2008||Popular|
|88||DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love||Usher Featuring Pitbull||2010||Popular|
|89||Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of...)||Lou Bega||1999||Popular|
|91||Just The Way You Are||Bruno Mars||2010||Popular|
|92||Chicken Fried||Zac Brown Band||2008||Country|
|93||Bye Bye Bye||NSYNC||2000||Dance|
|94||Call Me Maybe||Carly Rae Jepsen||2011||Popular|
|95||Pretty Young Thing (P.Y.T)||Michael Jackson||1982||Popular|
|96||All About That Bass||Meghan Trainor||2014||Popular|
|99||Summer Of 69||Bryan Adams||1984||Rock|
|100||The Way You Make Me Feel||Michael Jackson||1987||Popular|
TOP 100 RECEPTION DANCE SONGS
Find the perfect music for your wedding reception with our Top 100 Most Popular Wedding Songs. Compiled hourly from million of requests from prior weddings spanning more than two decades, this dynamic list is your ultimate guide to the best and newest dance and party songs for your special day.
Make sure your wedding reception is unforgettable by checking back often as the list updates dynamically. Start planning your wedding reception now with the most popular songs.
ADDITIONAL POPULAR SONG LISTS
Click Here to visit our homepage which contains a number of popular wedding song lists by decade, genre, and popular dance songs & themes. You can also find a DJ, Photographer, or Videographer for your event. WeDJ.com lists almost 40,000 companies!
Need ideas for your wedding reception or special event? Click to open our popup radio player and listen to the most requested dance songs for wedding receptions and other parties. Our fully licensed Gigbuilder Internet Radio plays up to 350 different songs daily - no repeats - high quality sound.
- Monday - Popular 70s Dance Songs
- Tuesday - 80s Power Hits
- Wednesday - 90s Favorite Dance Songs
- Thursday - Songs of Decade 2000
- Friday - Current Decade Pop Hits
- Saturday - Most Popular Songs of All-Time
- Sunday - Today's Top Dance Hits
AMAZON SUGGESTIONS JUST FOR YOU
Google has selected the following ad which may interest you. Help keep our music lists up-to-date by supporting our advertisers.
DISCUSS OUR TOP 100 POPULAR WEDDING RECEPTION SONGS
Share with the facebook community your thoughts on the most top 100 wedding reception songs. With over a hundred thousand songs suggested, this list is probably the most accurate available. We hope it helps make your special event the very best it can be.